- This site is dedicated to light rail employees worldwide.
- Site Credits
- This site is maintained exclusively by Jim Middleton (webmaster), who worked in the the light rail industry in California until 2006. Jim worked as a Transportation Supervisor, Light Rail Controller, Fire/Life Safety and Restricted Access Coordinator and Rail Safety Supervisor for VTA in San Jose.
The webmaster reserves the exclusive right to edit any and all information contained on this site.
Links and photos are provided by Internet friends.
This site is hosted by PowWeb.com.
- Reasons for this Site
- This site is maintained for the exclusive purpose of providing information on the North American light rail industry and to assist in the development, growth, expansion and advancement of the industry and its employees. Information and photos from outside of North America are provided ONLY for purposes of providing industry practices.
- This site is not affiliated with any light rail property, supplier, consultant or product. All opinions and statements expressed are exclusively that of the webmaster and do not constitute recommendation (or condemnation) of any agency, company, person, supplier or product.
- Access of this site
- This site can be accessed using the following domain names, which are all owned solely by the webmaster:
- Advocacy of Light Rail
- The webmaster does not advocate or recommend light rail or rail systems for any specific geographical area, but provides information to allow individuals, groups, organizations, and localities the ability to make informed decisions on the use of light rail systems.
- Use of Facts & Figures
- Numbers and data, properly (or improperly) presented, can be interpreted and viewed in many ways. Therefore, the webmaster does not provide facts or figures to "justify" the existence or establishment of any lightrail system within any area, city or jurisdiction.
- Photos posted on this site
- Credit for photos, if known, is listed below each photo or group of photos. Credit given to photographers is shown by a minimum of the person's name. A link to web pages or e-mail addresses will be supplied if requested. Photos that appear to be taken while violating basic rail safety will not be posted. Photos taken from vantage points that would not normally be available to the public must have an accompanying statement with the reason that the individual had access to the restricted area.
- Reuse of Photos from this site
- Use of photos on this site is governed by the following:
Photos used by individuals or organizations FOR PROFIT must obtain the express written permission of the webmaster prior to use of photos on this site.
Photos used by individuals or organizations NOT FOR PROFIT must include proper credit to the photographer and/or website AND obtain written permission from the webmaster. Use of photos for these purposes are usually given, once certain considerations of the use is made by the webmaster.
Photos used by individuals or organizations NOT FOR PROFIT AND for the same purpose of this website ( .... for the .... purpose of providing information on the North American light rail industry and to assist in the development, growth, expansion and advancement of the industry and its employees ......) need NO permission for use of photos on this site and do not necessarily need to provide credit or links to this site.
The webmaster is entirely responsible for the regular, or not so regular, updates of this page. No accuracy of information or URLs posted is given or implied, therefore the Lightrail.com webmaster can not be held responsible for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information posted. The materials provided at this site are provided "as is." Lightrail.com and/or the webmaster make no warranty whatsoever regarding the information and materials contained in or obtained through this web site. Without limiting the foregoing, no warranty is given as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property rights with respect to any information, graphics or other material available in or through this web site. In no case will Lightrail.com and/or the webmaster be liable for any damages resulting from any use made by any person of information or material made available or through this web site. Lightrail.com and the Webmaster reserve the right to make changes to the materials at this site at any time without notice.
Referrals and links
Links to third-party web sites on this site are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this site. The webmaster is not responsible for any content, linked or referred to from this site, If any damage occurs by the use of information presented there, only the author of the respective pages might be liable, not the webmaster, who has linked to those pages. Thus, Lightrail.com and/or the webmaster does not endorse or make any representations about any products, information or materials found herein. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to this site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
It is the policy of Lightrail.com, that addresses or contact information will not be shared without the permission of those individuals.
This disclaimer is to be regarded as part of the internet publication which you were referred from. If sections or individual terms of this statement are not legal or correct, the content or validity of the other parts remain uninfluenced by that fact.
Updated May 28, 2008